Welcome to Wrestling Inc.’s live coverage of AEW Dynamite, beginning at 8 pm ET. Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media.
Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
AEW World Champion Kenny Omega vs. Matt Sydal with Mike Sydal (Non-Title Match)
If Sydal wins, he’ll receive a future title shot. Don Callis comes out with Omega and then goes to commentary. Back and forth action early on, Omega with a power slam, elbow drop, cover, two.-count. Omega continues to work over his opponent, hits a few short-arm clotheslines. Sydal finally returns fire with a couple of kicks, eats some forearms, but he trips Omega then lands a standing flip, cover, two-count.
Omega in the corner, Sydal with a running knee strike. He heads up to the top rope, but Omega chops him down and launches him off and ends up getting countered with a hurricanrana. Omega immediately takes Sydal down. They spill out to the floor, Omega with a side suplex on the apron. Back in the ring, Omega looks for a powerbomb, nope, takes a couple spinning heel kicks. Omega tries to go to the top and Sydal hits a standing hurricanrana, brainbuster, pin, two-count.
Sydal looks for a top rope hurricanrana, Omega slips under and Sydal goes up, bounces off the top turnbuckle crashes to the mat. Snap dragon suplex by Omega. Goes for a v-trigger, Sydal rolls through for a two-count. Sydal hits a roundhouse kick, lighting spiral, cover, two-count. Sydal tries for meterora, gets caught and bucklebombed, v-trigger, cover, two. Another v-trigger, tries for one winged angel and Sydal hits a poisonrana. Sydal goes up top, but Omega shakes the top rope and crotches him. Omega tries for one winged angel, gets countered into a tricky pin. Very close three count, but Omega is up, nails a v-trigger, one winged angel, 1-2-3.
Winner: Kenny Omega via Pinfall
– Backstage, Alex Marvez talks with John Silver (surrounded by Dark Order) and asks him how ready he is for tonight’s title match against Darby Allin. Silver says he’s ready to go and boots Marvez from the room to continue training. The guys all try falling coffin drops (basically trust falls), which Silver dodges. Hangman shows up and asks him how he’s feeling. Silver says “Johnny Hungry!” and is ready to go. Page responds that he knows the other guys will be behind Silver no matter what happens and heads out for his match.
Hangman Page vs. Cezar Bononi
Action spill out to the floor, Page tries for a splash, caught in midair, Bononi tosses page down on the apron. The two back in the ring. Bononi cracks Page, but he gets right in his face and throws some strikes. Page tires for a powerslam, nope, gets thrown across the ring. Bononi misses a clothesline, Page with a few of his own. Page with a high collar suplex, buckshot lariat lands, cover, and we’re done here.
Winner: Hangman Page via Pinfall
– In a random warehouse, Lance Archer says without Sting there would have been no Archer. Lance says with the bat, everybody paid close attention to Sting back in the day. Archer says now people are going to pay attention to him, or the walls are going to come crashing around them. People will remember his name, and sooner or late, it will be showtime.
– Last week, Thunder Rosa talks with Tony Schiavone about her big victory over Britt Baker in theirs Lights Out Match. Rosa was thankful for the match and being able to show women wrestlers should be put over all over the world.
– On the stage, Tony Schiavone is with Britt Baker. He tells everyone they should give a round of applause for one of the best matches they have seen in AEW. Baker didn’t think they were loud enough, considering how much she gave last week! She says the fans don’t give her enough respect, just like Thunder Rosa didn’t. Rosa should be thanking her because everybody will remember her after she was a part of history that Baker wrote with her own blood! Baker brought up Rosa saying she put the women on the map, but why is everybody talking about Britt Baker? Britt brings up Mick Foley giving her a thumbs up. She says it took him 20 years to be a hardcore legend and she did it in one night. Baker continues that Tony Khan is looking for every legend he can find, but he has one standing here under his nose. “I put AEW on the map.”
– Dasha talks with Christian Cage (who is hanging with Varsity Blonds and Dante Martin). Cage says they were just talking shop, and about the trios upcoming match tonight. Frankie Kazarian shows up and tells Cage he has time for them, but doesn’t say to an old friend? Kazarian notices Cage’s shirt and says that’s been his thing since he’s been here. He wonders when the work actually starts for Cage? Cage tells him he knows how good Frankie, and the work starts next week. He says he doesn’t have an opponent, so Frankie steps up. He then jokingly asks Cage if he works Monday? He tells Cage to check out Elevation where he has a match.
Varsity Blonds and Dante Martin vs. FTR and Shawn Spears (with Tully Blanchard, Wardlow, and MJF)
Spears getting worked over as things get started. Harwood able to tag in and put Pillman down with a clothesline. Harwood tosses him in the corner and throws a few strikes. Spears tags back in, but Pillman able to fight them off as Martin gets the blind tag, then hits a moonsault on both opponents. Garrison tags in and drops both guys with a spear. Pinnacle leave the ring for a breather. The three wrestlers look to fly, but Wardlow gets in their way.
Back and forth action as The Pinnacle gets control of the match. Back in the ring, Martin gets rid of Spears, but Harwood drops Martin with a brainbuster. Spears tags in, pop-up C4, cover, 1-2-3.
Winners: Shawn Spears and FTR via Pinfall
– Post-match, Tony Schiavone heads into the ring to talk with the group. Wardlow hits knee strike (?) on Pillman and sends him out to the rest of his tag partner. “You suck!” chant from the crowd as Tony introduces the group. Wheeler grabs the mic and says they aren’t just a group, they are a family. Harwood then brings up Santana and Ortiz, says they have done well for themselves, but they don’t fool FTR. He then says Inner Circle do too much comedy and this is professional wrestling! MJF makes a fat joke about Chris Jericho. He then tells them to come out and fight right now. MJF says they are terrified and won’t be out. Tony says MJF knows full well they are hurt and aren’t coming out. Wardlow puts his hand on Tony’s shoulder, MJF asks him if he has something to say? Tony stays quiet. MJF then says next week he has a gift for them because when you’re in The Pinnacle, you’re always on top.
– Taz says he knows there a lot of conspiracy theories out there that there’s something wrong with the group. Taz says things are fine and Cage apologized to the group for what he said last week with Sting. Taz asks the other guys if they are good. Ricky Starks seems less “good” than the others. Cage seems to be okay now.
– Tony talks with QT Marshall on the stage. QT says he’s frustrated, and is known as Cody’s friend. QT says Cody talks about “doing the work” and there’s nobody in AEW (outside from Tony Khan) who has worked as much as him. QT says he is given a match here and there, but talks about all the work that fans don’t see when he’s up all night or getting Cody his coffee. Cody gets to go back to a nice hotel, while QT’s wife sleeps alone (she’s shown sitting in the crowd). QT says next week he wants there to be an exhibition in the ring between himself and Cody.