CONCACAF rivals United States and Jamaica face off for an international friendly in Austria on Thursday at 5pm (UK time).
Given this is the last international break before the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July, Thursday’s match carries an unusual amount of importance for a friendly, with both managers looking to narrow down their options ahead of this summer’s tournament.
Tyler Adams and Timothy Weah have been forced to withdraw from Berhalter’s squad by their parent clubs, while Weston McKennie is injured. But the USA have picked their strongest side for an international break in quite some time with most of their big-name talents in Europe available for action.
How to live stream USA vs Jamaica online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming USA vs Jamaica live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:30, 24/03/2021).
Where to watch USA vs Jamaica on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: TUDN USA & ESPN 2
Scoreline prediction: USA 3-1 Jamaica
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
USA vs Jamaica build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
For all the talk of an emerging generation of talent in the United States, Thursday’s match offers us the first glimpse of this new-look USMNT side, with the previous international break available only to MLS players due to Uefa scheduling and previous camps being disrupted by injury. Gregg Berhalter has named an incredibly strong squad for this double-header against Jamaica and Northern Ireland, with only a few of his brightest prospects unable to travel.
Theodore Whitmore has also named a strong squad, laced with players experienced in English football. There are some high-profile absentees, including Leon Bailey and Ravel Morrison, but the Reggae Boyz should certainly provide a stern test for the United States, just as they did for Saudi Arabia back in November.
- USA (vs Trinidad & Tobago): Turner; Herrera, Robinson, Long, Vines; Acosta, Yueill, Lletget; Arriola, Ferreira, Lewis.
- Jamaica (vs Saudi Arabia): Miller; Fisher, Lowe, Hector, Leigh; Morrison*, Johnson; Bailey*, Reid, Campbell; East.
Jamaica’s squad is bolstered by a number of players experienced in English football, including Andre Gray and Jamal Lowe. Ravel Morrison withdrew from the squad while Bayer Leverkusen forward Leon Bailey was unable to travel. Michail Antonio is yet to decide whether or not to pledge his allegiance to Jamaica.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
USA: For the first time since October 2019, we finally get to witness Christian Pulisic pulling on the United States jersey. The golden boy of the USMNT has missed a number of previous international camps due to injury and scheduling, but is now free to show fans just what they’ve been missing against Jamaica. Pulisic hasn’t been in blistering form for Chelsea this season, with just two goals and two assists to his name across all competitions for the Blues so far. But he does come in off the back of a Man of the Match performance in the FA Cup against Sheffield United last time out, where he completed a match-high five dribbles, had two shots on target and made three tackles. Pulisic will be looking to make up for lost time against Jamaica.
Jamaica: The Reggae Boyz may have a number of high-profile players missing from this squad, but there is still plenty of talent capable of hurting the United States. Chief among those threats will be Andre Gray, receiving his first call-up since declaring himself for Jamaica. Gray has over 220 games of experience across Premier League and Champions League levels, scoring 68 goals and notching 27 assists along the way. A quick runner behind the opposition defence and a lethal finisher, Gray should provide Jamaica with far more cutting edge up-front moving forward. He comes into this match fresh from finding the net in Watford’s 3-0 win over Birmingham in the Championship — can he make a dream start to life with Jamaica here?
Most are understandably excited to see the likes of Zack Steffen, John Brooks and Sergiño Dest all finally come together alongside Pulisic for an international match, but what about some of the young players who could get a chance across the upcoming games?
- Chris Richards: After an unexpectedly strong start to the season with Bayern Munich, including providing an assist for Robert Lewandowski, Richards was sent on loan to Hoffenheim in January and has performed brilliantly so far. One mistake against Mainz aside — a game in which he still managed an assist — the young centre-back has averaged 2.2 tackles and 2.6 interceptions per 90 minutes, placing him second among Hoffenheim players, while his ability on the ball is unmatched among his defensive teammates. Brooks is the only unquestioned starting centre-back for the USA, can Richards become his long-term partner?
- Brenden Aaronson: After helping fire Philadelphia Union to the Supporters’ Shield in 2020, Aaronson joined up with compatriot Jesse Marsch at RB Salzburg and, so far, has been superb for his fellow American. Operating out wide with the freedom to drift inside, Aaronson has three goals and two assists two his name in Austrian football already, while his elite pressing and ball-carrying skills make him perfect for the high-octane style adopted by the Red Bull clubs. Aaronson already has his first international goal on the board, but these friendlies offer a great chance for him to show Berhalter he can be a starter among this team of emerging stars.
- Yunus Musah: The most recent dual-national to declare himself for the United States, turning down England in the process, Musah has been one of the few bright sparks in a dull season for Valencia. Though much time spent on the bench has limited him to just two goals across all competitions, Musah has still managed to contribute heavily for Los Che, attempting 1.7 dribbles per 90 (third-highest) and providing 0.6 chances per 90. Able to play through the middle or on the right, Musah is terrifyingly fast, unstoppable in one-on-one duels and highly intelligent with the ball for such an inexperienced player.
- Giovanni Reyna: Though he’s without a direct goal contribution since mid-December, Reyna is still one of the most exciting young players in this current American crop, and in the Bundesliga. Only Florian Wirtz (4) has scored more goals than Reyna (3) among Bundesliga teenagers this season, while the two are tied at the top for assists (4) so far. Reyna is extremely versatile, able to play as a No.8 or on either flank, and it’s only a matter of time until his dribbling and passing skills marry up with the experience necessary to make it at this level. When that happens, we’ll have a truly elite player on our hands. It’s scary to think Reyna is still only 18 years old.
- Daryl Dike: One of the unexpected players to join the crop of MLS talent heading to Europe in January, Dike has been absolutely sensational in the Championship for Barnsley. The Orlando City loanee has bagged five goals in 11 league appearances for the Tykes so far, with the 2-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday last time out their first defeat with Dike in the side. Unsurprisingly, Dike is a superb target man, able to use his strength and aerial ability to flick the ball on for chasing wingers and bully opposition centre-backs into submission, but he’s so much more than that. Dike is also an incredibly intelligent player, making smart near-post runs to get on the end of crosses and bringing others into play with quick, technical passing. With such a varied arsenal of talents, it’s little surprise that a “big-six” Premier League club has reportedly already made an approach for Dike’s services.
Recent form (last 5 matches):
- USA: WWWDW
- Jamaica: WLWDW
More live stream options:
- How to watch La Liga games online
- How to watch Bundesliga games online
- How to watch Serie A games online
The United States of America (USA) will take on Jamaica in an international friendly in what happens to be an action-packed year for the CONCACAF nations. The game will be played at the Stadion Wiener Neustadt in Wiener Neustadt, Austria and will begin at 10:30 PM IST on Thursday, March 25. Here’s a look at how to watch the USA vs Jamaica live stream, team news and our prediction for the same.
USA vs Jamaica prediction and preview
The USMNT after their failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup have hit the rebuild button and the young side will look to make their mark in international football in a year that has the CONCACAF Nations League Final Four and the Gold Cup in July along with the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers. The USA will begin their preparation with a friendly against Jamaica, a rematch of their 2019 Gold Cup semi-final. Many of the USMNT youngsters have made their mark across Europe in recent seasons, and Gregg Berhalter’s men are the favourites for what promises to be an exciting clash.
Jamaica meanwhile are doing their best to poach talents in an attempt to make it to the World Cup. English footballers such as Michael Antonio, Ivan Toney, Max Aarons have all been approached with the prospect of representing the country, while six English players Liam Moore, Jamal Lowe, Andre Gray, Amari’i Bell, Ethan Pinnock and Kasey Palmer made it to the squad for the first time. Jamaica will hope that the new additions will add much-needed quality to the side as the Reggae Boyz look to become a major disruptor in CONCACAF.
USA vs Jamaica team news
- USA are without the likes of Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams and Timothy Weah for the clash vs Jamaica
- Jamaica have Leon Bailey and Ravel Morrison ruled out for the friendly on Thursday.
USA vs Jamaica team news: Predicted starting line-ups
- USA: Steffen; Cannon, Brooks, Miazga, Dest; Acosta, Musah, Lletget; Reyna, Sargeant, Pulisic.
- Jamaica: White: Mariappa, Pinnock, Hector, Bell; Isaacs, Palmer, Willis; Lowe, Gray, Morris.
USA vs Jamaica channel: How to watch USA vs Jamaica live stream?
For Fans in the United States, the USA vs Jamaica friendly will be broadcast live on ESPN2, UniMás and TUDN from 1:00 PM ET. One can also follow the game via the social media accounts of the USMNT and the official U.S. Soccer App. The game will not be telecast in India.